LOOKING FOR VENERA
DIRECTOR: Norika Sefa
COUNTRY: Kosovo, North Macedonia
YEAR / DURATION: 2021 • 111’
- SCREENPLAY: Norika Sefa
- CINEMATOGRAPHY: Luis Armando Arteaga
- EDITOR: Stefan Stabenow, Norika Sefa
- CAST: Kosovare Krasniqi, Rozafa Celaj, Tristan Halilaj, Erjona Kakeli, Basri Lushtaku
- PRODUCER: Besnik Krapir
- COMPANY: Circle Production
- FESTIVALS AND AWARDS:Rotterdam IFF – Special Jury Award, Trieste FF – Cineuropa Prize, Sarajevo FF – Special Award (Gender Equality), Split IFF – Special Mention, Tarkovsky FF – Best Director, Basel – Best Film, Cinema Jove Valencia – Best Actor
The quiet, taciturn teenager Venera lives in a small town in Kosovo and years to expand her horizons. At home, where three generations are crawling together in a small house, she has hardly any privacy. Everything changes when she meets open-minded Dorina.
About the director
Norika Sefa (Đakovica, ), director, screenwriter, and editor. She holds a master’s degree from FAMU in Prague. In her films, she often merges fiction and documentary, for example, Desde arriba (2020) is a hybrid documentary film made under the guidance of Werner Herzog in the Peruvian jungle. She is currently working on her next feature film, set in Kosovo.
- AMBRELA – 22.07.2022