DIRECTOR: Andrea Štaka
COUNTRY: Switzerland, Germany, Bosnia and Herzegovina
YEAR / DURATION: 2006 • 81’
- SCREENPLAY: Andrea Štaka, Barbara Albert, Marie Kreutzer, Eva Vitija, Ann Tobin
- CINEMATOGRAPHY: Igor Martinović
- EDITOR: Gion-Reto Killias
- SCORE: Daniel Jakob, Peter von Siebenthal, Till Wyler
- CAST: Mirjana Karanović, Marija Škaričić, Ljubica Jović, Zdenko Jelčić
- PRODUCERS: Susann Rüdlinger, Samir
- COMPANY: Dschoint Ventschr Filmproduktion AG, FIST Production
- FESTIVALS AND AWARDS : Locarno Film Festival 2006 – Golden Leopard, Sarajevo Film Festival 2006 – Heart of Sarajevo, Best Actress (Marija Škaričić)
Ruža from Belgrade has been living in Switzerland for 25 years, and has created a respectable life an an owner of a canteen. Her rigorously planned professional and private life is disturbed when the young Ana from Bosnia gets a job at the canteen. Ana’s dark secret makes her with impulse and zest for life, bringing her into conflict with the stiff Ruža, but also make Ruža examine her own life.
About the director
Andrea Štaka (Lucerne, 1973), graduated in directing from the Zurich University of the Arts. In 2007, she founded Okofilm with director and producer Thomas Imbach. She directed the awarded and notable feature films Mare (2020) and Cure: The Life of Another (2016), the short film Hotel Belgrade (1998), and the documentary film Yugodivas (200). Fraulein is her first feature film.
- INK – 17.07.2022