DIRECTOR: Zrinko Ogresta
COUNTRY: Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
YEAR / DURATION: 2003 • 90’
- SCREENPLAY: Zrinko Ogresta, Josip Mlakić
- CINEMATOGRAPHY: Davorin Gecl
- EDITOR: Josip Podvorac
- CAST: Jasmin Telalović, Marija Tadić, Zlatko Crnković, Ivo Gregurević, Ivan Herceg i Nikola Ivošević
- PRODUCERS: Ivan Maloča
- COMPANY : Hrvatska Radiotelevizija (HRT), Interfilm, Jadran Film
- FESTIVALS AND AWARDS : Karlovy Vary International Film Festival 2004 – Special Prize of the Jury), Pula Film Festival 2003 – Golden Arena Best Film, Golden Arena for Best Actor (Zlatko Crnković)
Ten marginal characters are people with no perspective – sick, retired, drug addicts, war veterans… On the front, the mentally challenged Kavi takes care of an injured sparrow, while soldiers kill time by making fun of him. Duda, the drug addict, is frantically trying to get money for drugs and ruins her relationship with her family in frenzied agony. Josip is a retired man who lives in a singles’ hotel who gets an unexpected surprise when a young German tourist who is temporarily staying at the hotel asks him to dinner.
About the director
Zrinko Ogresta (Virovitica, 1958), director and writer, professor of film directing at the Academy of Dramatic Art in Zagreb, and member of the European Film Academy in Berlin. He directed feature films that received awards at renowned international and local festivals (Berlin, Venice, Karlovy Vary, and others). Select filmography: Fragments (1991), Washed Out (1995), Behind the Glass (2008), Screening (2013), On the Other Side (2016), Blue Flower (2021).
- Valli Cinema – 23.07.2022